Camp Christian and the Coronavirus
We are all coming to terms with the rapidly changing circumstances surrounding the coronavirus. We are well aware of the numerous organizations and businesses that have closed their doors in recent days or have had to alter what they do in a significant way. We have learned that is not always possible to plan too many days in advance as situations continue to change. However, the Camp Christian Committee does have an eye on the future even if our knowledge of what the future holds may be limited.
Our Camp Christian Committee met online in recent days to discuss what this upcoming summer might look like as far as our outdoor ministries are concerned. We want you to know that steps have already been instituted as far as cleanliness and sanitization are concerned which are likely to remain in place even when the coronavirus is behind us. And the most important thing to hear is that no decisions have yet been made concerning our summer program.
As the days are unfolding, we are creating contingency plans to address some possible scenarios for the summer. So even though we are keenly aware that circumstances might change, we are planning for our summer program, counselors have been recruited, and ministry associates have been hired.
Here is a way that we need our churches to assist our planning: Continue to encourage the early registration deadline of May 1st. We have made the change that No payment is required at the time of Registration, rather the May 1st date is to secure your spot and will guarantee the Early Bird rate. This is necessary to help us prepare for the summer. As we move through these weeks and possibly months ahead, we will allow time to help us determine when payment will officially be due.
We are aware that this situation is constantly changing and evolving. As more information and possible restrictions are made public, we will do what we can to meet as a committee and address the evolution of our response as quickly as possible. Currently, we have our next committee meeting planned for April 22nd, but we also know that we may need to meet before then. We will do everything we can to give ongoing updates and communication as the situation unfolds. Thank you for your patience with us as we are also figuring out the most faithful way forward in this time.
These are unsettling times yet as Christians we are called to be “joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12. Let us be in prayer together for our shared ministries and the staff that helps us carry them out.
Please direct all questions to Rev. Alan Dicken, our Regional Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In grace and peace,
The Camp Christian Committee and the Regional Staff